You are here
In our Materials and Processes class, students participated in a Materials ID Lab. The students brought in small household appliances and disassembled them. They then sorted the materials into 4 categories: metals, polymers, ceramics, and composites. Check out the pictures to find what they discovered inside.
Wednesday, September 17th is a District Development Day.
- Face-to-face ALC classes will not be held.
- Distance Learning classes will run as usual.
- Buses will not be running that day.
- The computer lab and main building will be open for students 8 - 11 a.m.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 801-489-2833. Thank you so much!
If you (or your student) is enrolled in an ALC class for which they are receiving UVU credit, a UVU Parent Permission Form needs to be filled out, signed by a parent, and turned in to the front office at ALC.
Forms can be downloaded HERE. If you have any questions, please call us at 801-489-2833. Please get these forms to just as soon as you can. Thank you!
This year, there will be a big change in the way the Utah IT Challenge will be executed. Instead of a central school hosting the surrounding schools, each school will have its own IT Challenge. This could be on a certain day and time, or the challenge could be thoughout the year. The entries must be sent to the State IT department by April 2015. The IT Challenge is a free MTA testing day. Normally the tests are $70 each. At the ALC, the challenge will be available thoughout the year. We invite those who wish to compete to email Mr.
UVU CE FALL 2014 DEADLINES
- Last Day to Complete UVU Admissions with NO Late Fee
- ($50 Late Admission Fee begins September 6)
- Last Day to Complete UVU Admission WITH %50 Late Fee
- Last Day to Submit Pre-requisite Test Scores for Math, Biology, and English to the CE Office
- Last Day to Submit "Sophomore by Exception Application" to the CE Office
Students in the Introduction to Engineering Design classes started the year off with "The Cable Car Challenge". In teams of two or three, using only the materials provided, students were asked to design and build a device to move a small cube as far as possible across the room on a fishing-line cable. Check out picture #1 showing the "cable car" moving along the fishing-line in the upper section of the photo.